Public Relations Manager
We are currently looking for a Public Relations Manager who would be responsible for providing account management assistance to the senior account team, as well as managing their own clients.
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for providing account management assistance to the senior account team, as well as managing their own clients. This individual should have 3-4 years of experience in Public Relations. Successful candidates are highly organized, collaborative, and driven by results. Key duties include management and execution of day-to-day client tasks, media relations, writing and editing client related materials. This position reports to our Senior Public Relations Manager.
- Work closely with senior PR team to create and execute proactive PR strategies.
- Cultivate relationships with print, digital, and broadcast journalists.
- Serve as primary client contact for day-to-day project tasks and media relations.
- Write and edit first-round drafts of client materials, such as news releases, media alerts, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletter articles, pitch letters, etc.
- Manage development of account timelines and implement tasks within deadlines.
- Monitor media for stories related to the agency, clients and their industry trends, and competitive set.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate relevant PR opportunities; posts, partnerships, etc.
- Pitch local and national consumer and trade media on behalf of agency clients. The PR Manager holds primary responsibility for results in this area.
- Supervise and mentor account coordinators and interns on client projects and other delegated tasks.
- Contribute to proposal brainstorming, proposal writing and presentation during new business meetings as needed.
- Primary responsibility to schedule and participate in regular internal account team status meetings.
- Organize and actively participate in creative team brainstorm sessions for client projects.
- Develop and edit targeted media lists for client news release distribution and pitches.
- Create client monthly activity reports.
- Attend and actively seek out professional growth education programs as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Team (aka Competencies)
- Performs well under deadline-driven, fast-paced environment, working with multiple stakeholders and different personalities to foster a collaborative team environment.
- Effective at relationship building and always maintains a professional demeanor to represent agency to client teams and other external parties.
- Effective, persuasive, and versatile writing and editing skills.
- Clear and effective communication skills, verbal and written, including experience delivering effective presentations.
- Possess a proactive, creative, and collaborative mindset.
- Ability to remain organized and manage various tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes direction but works well independently to manage and complete tasks on a timely basis.
- Strategic thinker and resourceful problem-solver.
- 3 or more years of public relations experience with a proven track record of results.
- Agency experience is highly preferred.
- Specific experience and familiarity with the following industries and their PR needs is desired: service industry, hotel, casino, national trade, lifestyle, arts (national/regional) and events.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the advertising industry.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel, etc. Effective skills utilizing video conference software (Zoom, Teams, etc.) and other tools to manage projects/deadlines.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a HUGE plus.
- Available to work M-F during west coast business hours.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- We offer a full range of benefits including health, dental, vision, LTD and STD, Aflac, 401K with potential company contributions, open vacation policy, paid holidays, sick time, maternity & paternity leave (partially paid).
- We believe business has an obligation to do good in its community, treat employees with respect, and tread lightly on our planet.
- We are grateful to live in such a naturally beautiful place and work with community non-profits to make life better for all San Diegans.
- We are a hybrid team. We have an office in San Diego’s East Village where we meet each Monday. Some staff like to come to the office almost daily. Others prefer their home office. We’re flexible and will work with your needs. Please note: You do not have to live in San Diego to be considered for the job. The Company would prefer candidate on the west coast or willing to work on west coast time.
Diversity & Inclusion
62ABOVE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 62ABOVE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees.